Sunday Bike Ride

I saddled up on Sunday morning after a big sleep. It was the first time I had ridden in Germany since Hamburg. Obviously i'd ridden in France and Italy but riding in Germany is always different. I took off out to Weinheim but kept getting lost due to the fact I was always running into Autobahns. Each time i'd run into the Autobahn entrance i'd need to turn away! Finally I got to Weinheim and headed into the hills. What you would imagine as typical German farm houses was all I was surrounded by. The roads were great to ride on. I pottered through the hills in the direction of Heidelberg. My motivation wasn't great due to seeing Emma off and riding alone on unknown roads. However the big downhill in Heidelberg cheered me up! I headed back to Mannheim completing the great loop along the Neckar. I'm in search of some riding buddies and good weather for the remaining time that's for sure!!

No comments: